Are you wanting to wear a new, knee-length cocktail dress to a holiday party this season but have concerns about how your legs might look? Do you have spider veins or varicose veins that make you pause and rethink what you can wear? Do you have pain in your legs that keeps you from doing things you love?
Thousands of women across the country struggle with the same issues. Whether you are uncomfortable wearing certain clothes because of how your veins look, or you have leg pain that interferes with your daily life, you can do something to help; you can make a change.
So many wonder why their veins are so visible and how they can get rid of them. What can you do? Fortunately, there are many options to treat varicose veins and other vein diseases.
The experts at Afzal Clinics have 75 years of combined experience treating spider and varicose veins, among other vein diseases. They are ready and willing to help.
Do You Have Vein Disease?
Do you have leg pain, swollen legs, aching legs, phlebitis (which is red, hard, and painful veins), or restless leg syndrome? Do you have blue veins, bulging veins, spider veins, skin discoloration, or skin breakdown around the ankles?
These are all symptoms and signs of varicose veins or other vein diseases. Has your primary doctor told you that you have varicose veins or venous stasis? If your answer is yes, the staff at Afzal Clinics can help.
Vein disease affects many people, but many do not know that treatment is affordable and accessible. Vein disease is a chronic condition either related to or caused by diseased or abnormal veins.
There are many veins throughout your legs, and it is not uncommon for some of these veins to become damaged or diseased and not allow blood to flow back to your heart freely. Blood then collects in your legs which can cause vein disease and all the symptoms associated with it.
If you have noticed discolored spots or bulges around veins in your legs, you might have vein disease. But don’t worry! The staff at Metro Vein Clinic is more than able to help, and the screening appointment is free!
What Kind of Vein Diseases Are There?
There are many different kinds of vein disease.
- Spider Veins are very common and affect many people. Typically, red or blue veins are visible on the surface of the skin, most often on the legs. This discoloration is the result of blood pooling from varicose veins. Generally, spider veins are superficial but can cause itching, tenderness, bleeding, or burning. Treating spider veins will help ease this discomfort
- Varicose Veins are usually large or swollen blue veins most often on the legs. Varicose veins are created by damaged veins not allowing blood to flow back to your body from the legs. This blood pools in the legs. These veins can be painful and cause a variety of symptoms including burning, throbbing, tingling, or heaviness.
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency happens when veins are damaged and cause blood to flow in the opposite direction of the heart. This blood flow reversal can occur because of blood clots in deep veins or damage in superficial veins.
- Restless Leg Syndrome is an uncomfortable sensation in your legs, feeling like you need to get up and move to relieve the itchy feeling. Many people describe this as “pins and needles.” For many, the symptoms are worse and night and affect one’s quality of sleep.
- Leg Ulcers can occur when blood that should return to the heart is not able to. These ulcers are most common around the ankle. While not always painful, bleeding can happen if not treated.
- Phlebitis occurs when a vein wall becomes inflamed. Whether it happens to superficial or deep veins, painful swelling and redness are symptoms.
- Venous Stasis happens when chronic poor blood flow affects the skin on your lower legs. Consistent pooling of blood causes discoloration and hardening of the skin.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis is blood clots in the deep veins, most commonly in the legs. There are many causes of DVT, and it is a severe condition that, left untreated, can be fatal
What Are My Vein Treatment Options?
Vein Treatment will depend on a diagnosis, but there are several options.
- Compression helps heal veins after treatment, as well as prevent disease.
- Radiofrequency ablation or endovenous laser ablation is minimally invasive and uses heat to affect the vein walls closing the vein, which allows blood to be re-routed to healthy veins.
- Echo sclerotherapy is a non-surgical alternative to surgical vein stripping. An ultrasound is used to monitor foam that is injected into the vein while you are in the office.
- Visual sclerotherapy involves a solution injected directly into the vein.
After reading through this information, do you feel you have vein disease? If you do, there is good news. Vein disease is generally easily treated in the office with little to no downtime.
Are you ready to be confident and happy in whatever you choose to wear? Are you prepared to be pain-free in your legs and get back to doing the things you love and not be slowed down?
If you’re tired of missing out on things, big or small, because of leg pain or unsightly veins, now is the time to call Afzal Vein Clinic. They have support staff on hand ready to take your call and walk you through the steps of scheduling your initial consultation and managing insurance.
You can take matters into your own hands. Afzal Clinics is there to help.
Just ask the thousands of satisfied patients who are thrilled with the results they have seen from the experts at Afzal Clinics. The reviews on Google and Facebook speak for themselves. Check them out.
If you are ready, Afzal Vein Clinic is prepared to start on this journey to healing with you. You will not regret the pain-free life without dark or bulging veins noticeable on your legs!